Sunday, January 1, 2012

Building...WoW!!

Holy Moly!
We are FINALLY building our homes!!

This is our property. Its hard to tell but we have a gorgeous view. Giant Red Mountains to our Right and Pine Valley to our left!



We started building about 3 weeks ago. The first week was SOOOOO cold. It was already hard enough learning EVERYTHING involved in framing a house and the cold just made it way worse!
Our fingers felt like they were going to shatter!! Ouch!
Its been really fun though!
We have 3 families building together.
Us, Lauren and Adam (My Sis and Bro in law) and Sue and Misty a mother/daughter family.
I can't wait till we are all neighbors and not building anymore :)
Matt and Adam work a lot at their normal jobs so its usually us ladies working away!
We are kinda slow but we are having fun and learning a lot!
I hate nail guns! They are super heavy and way scary. I'm so scared I'm going to accidentally shoot someone! The guys make fun of Lauren and I when we do the sheeting because we are so slow because that gun is so dang heavy!
We also have learned, and use on a regular basis, chop saw, skill saw, measuring tape, pencil, chalk line, impact drill, a gun that shoots into cement (I forgot the name), speed square and a hammer!! At the very beginning of the building process we had a hammering contest, Ha ha! I was so bad! I'm pretty good now :)
Woo woo look at that handsome worker guy!
I've never seen Matt work so hard!

I have to have to HAVE to say
THANK YOU
to so many people that are making this possible!
My mom, sister and grandma watch our kids while Lauren and I work (about 25 hrs a week) all 4 kids two babies and two 2 year olds! That is NOT an easy job. I am so thankful for them!
I'm also thankful for friends and family that have helped build!
THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!

0 comments: