Thursday, February 21, 2013

LONG Update!

For some reason all of the pictures were placed totally out of order! Oh well, I'm too tired to fix them right now! There are a ton! Hope you enjoy them! 
Matt is working hard at Purgatory (yes that really is the name of the Jail here!) They just got out of their hiring/raise freeze!! Finally! He is busy planning a big scout camp for this summer (the whole family gets to go Yay!) he is the program director so he's pretty busy with that. He is super happy because we got an iPad! He's in heaven! He is an awesome daddy and loves his girls! He is still getting used to girls and their silly (different than boy) behaviors! Matt has lost 35 pounds! Woohoo!! 
I am just busy being Mom. I try to get the girls and I out of the house as much as possible. I hate being at home!! I LOVE love love my home but I just like being out and doing things! I am having fun learning how to do family History work! My Grandma tried teaching me several times how to do it before she died and I never caught on. About a week after she died My Mom, Lauren and I tried it out and man, she helped us more than I ever dreamed of! She guided us, on the other side, and taught us exactly what to do! I've always really felt like I needed to do some sort of work on my Biological Fathers Side but never knew how since I know nothing about him...just a name. Well... she helped me find them! I now have a lot of information that I've always wanted and needed to start working on getting those "ancestors" work done! 
Cate is getting so big and I can't believe that she is almost 4 and will be going to preschool this year! Cate is very smart. She has lots and lots of books memorized (she memorizes very easily now I need to learn how to teach her to learn how to figure things out rather than just memorize things. I would appreciate and advice!) she also knows most of the words to all of the songs they sing in primary (she's only been in primary since the beginning of January) she can also hear the music of a song and just start singing right with it. I cant do that so I think its awesome! She has a pretty good voice too! She is also very artistic she loves, painting, coloring, cutting, glueing, creating and building things. She is an awesome big sister. She likes to share and teach Lainey. She decided she wants to stop sucking her thumb and so she is working very hard on that right now. Its so cute when I see her start to put her thumb in her mouth and then quickly jerk it away because she remembers she doesn't want to suck her thumb anymore! She still is obsessed with lip gloss! 
Lainey just turned 2! My baby is 2 I can not believe it! She still seems like my little baby. She is sweet and funny and sensitive. She hates when anyone is sad, mad or hurt. It REALY gets to her emotionally if someone is sad. If someone is sad then she tries to comfort them right away, usually by rubbing their face and saying "I sorry, I sorry, its ok, I sorry" in a sweet slow voice. She has a deep raspy voice that I can not get enough of. Its the cutest thing! Lainey loves to make people laugh. She likes to make silly faces and do silly tricks! She is ALWAYS doing what cate is doing. She watches every move Cate makes and does the same thing. I think its pretty sweet! She even eats lotion like Cate did! Yuck! Lainey is really smart too. She has a couple books memorized and knows several songs. She talks up a storm. She says full sentences usually 5 words but sometimes a lot more than that! Her Doctor asked how many words Lainey knows and she knows every word and uses about 150 everyday! She weighs 20.5 lbs and is 33 inches tall. She loves nursery and loves her teachers. We have 1:00 church this year which is normally when she is napping so she takes a nap in nursery sometimes! Haha She loves to paint (make a mess!!!) and color and use the glue sticks and glue everything together. 












































3 comments:

hales said...

Your girls are SO cute! (Well, actually, the whole family is.)

GHFamily said...

Great pictures!

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.